Tuesday, February 1, 2022

1GM yanmar rebuild

 I rebuilt my yanmar 1GM diesel engine. If you have a 1GM , they don't sell the oversize piston and rings any more , so I decided to sleeve the cylinder. The 2GM is the same as the 1GM except that it has 2 cylinders instead of one and it has cylinder sleeves that can be replaced unlike the 1GM that is not sleeved. I purchased a 2GM cyl. sleeve and new piston and rings. I then had an engine rebuild shop bore my cylinder out to accept the new sleeve. It is not a press fit... the exact dimensions are in the shop manual. After having it bored for the sleeve I inserted the sleeve and rebuilt the rest of the engine...new valves , new bearings and seals and gaskets, new lift pump, new injector, and pre-combustion chamber, rebuilt high pressure pump, rebuilt water pump and anything else that needed done . Then I reinstalled it.

takeing engine out of basement shop

engine parts

1GM cyl. and 2GM sleeve 

engine tear down


No comments:

Post a Comment